From September 26 to 29, 2023, Belfast, Northern Ireland, witnessed an exciting event in the field of vascular surgery. The Annual Meeting of the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS) brought together experts from around the world for a program filled with learning and knowledge exchange. Among the highlighted activities were two workshops focused on open vascular surgery for AAA (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm), where our company’s advanced anatomical models, Simuvasc, were utilized. Additionally, prior to the congress, our Simuvasc anatomical models were also featured in the Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery examination.
Open AAA Basic Workshop: Fundamentals of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
The Open AAA Basic workshop provided vascular surgeons with a unique opportunity to enhance their skills in abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) surgery using Simuvasc’s cutting-edge anatomical models. This workshop centered on the fundamentals of open vascular surgery for AAA. Participants had the chance to learn about:
- Patient evaluation: How to properly identify and assess patients with AAA.
- Open surgical techniques: The latest techniques in AAA surgery and how to perform them using our anatomical models.
- This workshop was led by renowned experts in the field of vascular surgery who shared their knowledge and expertise with the participants.
Open AAA Complex Workshop: Typo IV and Infected Prosthesis Explantation (EVAR)
The second workshop, focused on Open AAA Complex, delved into more complex cases of AAA, including Typo IV and the explantation of infected prostheses in EVAR. In this workshop, Simuvasc’s anatomical models were used for hands-on practice of these challenging techniques. The topics discussed included:
- Typo IV cases: Analysis of complex cases and efficient approaches, using our anatomical models for realistic practice.
- Infected Prosthesis Explantation in EVAR: Exploration of the necessary techniques to address and resolve issues related to infected prostheses.
These workshops provided participants with a comprehensive understanding of advanced procedures in the treatment of AAA using open surgical techniques and Simuvasc’s anatomical models.
Participation in the Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery Examination
Prior to the congress, our Simuvasc anatomical models were also featured in the Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery examination. This contribution highlighted the relevance and quality of our models in assessing future vascular surgery specialists.
In summary, the Annual Meeting 2023 of the European Society for Vascular Surgery in Belfast showcased advancements in open vascular surgery for AAA, where Simuvasc’s anatomical models played a pivotal role. Our company also made a significant contribution to the preparation of future vascular surgery specialists through its involvement in the Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery examination.